Monday, April 5, 2010

Pocket Full of Sunshine

One day last week when I went to hang Mattie's jacket up after school, it felt unusually heavy. Upon closer inspection, this is what I found:

Both pockets stuffed completely full of rocks. Now, we've had a few stones brought home in pockets before, even some leaves and twigs, and more often than not, I clean a few pebbles out of my dryer after doing Mattie's laundry. But never this many.

When I asked her what the deal was, she told me that Mackenzie helped her find all of them and she brought them home because she thought they were beautiful and she wanted me to see them. How sweet is that? I almost didn't throw them away.

1 comment:

  1. So sweet and funny how they can treasure even the smallest things like rocks! Especially when they do it with their best friend! I can't tell you how many days a a week Mackenzie comes home with rocks in her pockets!

    ReplyDelete