Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Nash Family Easter!

I think Easter is my fave holiday. I LOVE the springtime, and to me Easter is like spring’s coming out party. And it is such an important celebration of the resurrection of our LORD! What can top that? Weatherwise, this was the most beautiful Easter I can remember in recent history, and we had a great day celebrating our risen Savior.

This is Mattie’s first Easter at 6wks old…Ha! That was a preemie dress that had been taken up, and was still too roomy, and look at those legs…
This was our family on Easter this year:


Please note a couple of things about this picture: 1) the look on Mattie’s face that says just how much she wanted to be in the picture, 2) the way the sunlight really enhances the whiteness of my arms, and 3) the look on Presley’s face that says she’s about to jump out of my arms to get something she sees on the ground. This is the best we can do these days with family shots!

These are my girls in their Easter dresses:


Seersucker on Easter just seems perfect! I have to mention that I made both of my girl’s dresses this year. I’m still a pretty novice sewer, and this was a pretty big project for me to tackle, and I will admit that I was questioning my decision to do this when I was up until 1:30am on Easter morning finishing zippers and hems. BUT, I could not be more pleased with how the turned out. This was one time I had a picture in my mind of just how I wanted something, and it actually turned out that way.

Right after the above picture was taken, Presley face-planted on this bench, and came up with a face COVERED in pollen!

Here’s the Sawyer family. Wouldn’t they be cute holding a baby in a smocked Easter suit (sorry Ang!)
The Easter Bunny came to our house:
I had big plans of making liners for these baskets and getting their names put on them, but with the dress project, it just didn’t happen. Maybe next year!
Here’s Mattie’s basket…she’s not a big candy eater, but she LOVES chocolate, and this HUGE Hershey bar and the solid chocolate bunny made her day:

And here’s PK’s…she’s not actually eating the Gerber snacks yet, but I couldn’t think of anything else to put in there! And it won’t be long, and she’ll be gobbling them up:
This is Mattie checking out her loot:
And showing Presley her loot…I love that Pres looks so excited here:

We had lunch at our house with my family, and while I got lunch ready, Matthew hid some eggs for Mattie to hunt. Which she thought she needed to wear boots to do. She has a very keen fashion sense and we don’t question it:

Since she’s not a big fan of candy, she got some money in her eggs, and one of them even had some green…look at that face…a girl after my own heart!
There are so few pictures of me that exist…I am usually the one behind the camera and Matthew never thinks to pick it up. But, Ang took one of me and Pres that I love, and now my kids will have some proof that I was around during their childhood:

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment