Friday, March 26, 2010

A Day at the Park

 
These pictures are actually a couple weeks old now, but I still wanted to share them because I love them. 
 
Two Saturdays ago, when it was a gloriously beautiful day in El Dorado, we took our girls to the park for a picnic lunch and to play for a while.  Mattie played  hard, wore herself out and took a three hour nap that afternoon.  I’m wondering how old she needs to be for me to just drop her off, let her burn some energy off, and then pick her up later?  Kidding, kidding!
 
This was the very first picture I shot when we got there, and before I had adjusted any of my camera settings.  Unfortunately, it’s a little blown out, or otherwise I might have framed it.  Love this one:
Miss Mattie was more than willing to pose for the camera this day:
 
She has mastered these things…not sure what they’re called:
 



This pole made me really nervous.  And of course, she did it maybe 117 times, with me right there saying “hold on with both hands!  Careful!  Careful!!”  every time:

See?  It’s a pretty big fall if you let go:

Here she goes…see why this was making me nervous?  All I could think was broken collar bone:
 
Of course, we did the swings:
I LOVE this picture…the look on her face is so priceless:
 
There’s a reason these are called monkey bars…because monkeys play on them:

Mattie and Matthew raced on the tennis courts:
 
It was neck and neck:

But, Mattie won:
 
Me and Pres were there too:
 
Some jerk at work recently told me those sunglasses look like the kind old people wear after cataract surgery.  And, I think I’m gonna have to go ahead and agree with that. 
 
I love these three of Mattie.  She is such a little mess!!:
 

And that was it.  If you live in El Do, and have kiddos, you should definitely check out Mellor Park.  When I was on maternity leave, I would pick Mattie up after preschool at 11:30 and we would hit one of the parks in town, and eat lunch and play for a while a couple of times a week.  It would wear her out and guarantee that she would take a nap that afternoon, which I needed her to do with a newborn baby.  We quickly decided this park was our favorite, and stopped even going to any of the other ones.  Lots to do for kids that size.

No comments:

Post a Comment