Saturday, March 13, 2010

Five Months

This is what a five month old looks like:
And can I just say, I think five months is maybe my most favorite baby age of all (although I reserve the right to change my mind each month hereafter). This little phase where she’s not yet mobile, still very much baby, but developing so much personality everyday – the laughs, the coos, the gummy grins - I can’t get enough.
Presley was five months old on Friday, 3-12-10, which was actually my birthday too. I was 372 months old…whoa.
Miss Presley, what are you up to at five months old?
-This month, much to your delight, you found your feet. You spend lots of time trying to get them to your mouth, without much success.
-Early this month, you finally rolled over. Only from tummy to back for now, but you are *thisclose* to rolling from back to tummy. And you beat Mattie on this milestone…she rolled tummy to back on the day she turned five months.
-You are raising up well on your arms, which makes your tummy time more enjoyable for you.
-This month you started eating baby food. And you have yet to try anything that you have not gobbled right up. I think I may have an eater on my hands. So far you are eating: sweet peas, green beans, carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, apples, bananas, rice cereal, and oatmeal cereal. And you love it all.
-Still taking 7oz bottles, five times a day. Eating cereal and fruit every morning, and two veggies and sometimes a fruit in the evenings. I think we are seeing an improvement in the spit-up with the addition of the food, praise the LORD!
-Early this month you mastered being able to reach out and grab things. This has provided endless amounts of fun for big sister. She LOVES to sit in front of you with a pile of your toys and hold each one out for you to grab, then take it away, then do another one. Neither of you ever gets tired of it.
-Everything within reach goes in your mouth:
-Chewing, gnawing, chewing. Everything and everybody. No teeth yet though. Mattie cut her first tooth at six months old, so I think we should see something in the next month.
-You are still sleeping in the bassinet in Mommy and Daddy’s room. I’ve considered moving you several times and just haven’t been able to bring myself to do it. Mattie moved at six months and did fine, so I’m giving myself a few more weeks. I L-O-V-E having you right next to my bed.
-Still going to bed around 8:30pm every night and sleeping until 6:00am…9.5 hours a night. Today you took a three hour afternoon nap in the recliner with me. Loved it. And needed it.
-It has melted my heart to see how crazy you are about your sister, and how crazy she is about you. You absolutely light up when she comes around you, and she delights in making you smile. She still insists she is your favorite, and none of us can really argue with her. I hope it's always this easy between you two.
-And you are still the happiest baby I know. I think the first six weeks of H-E-L-L were a small price to pay for the baby we’ve got now. I told Mattie one day last week when she was whining about something that she cries more than you do, and it’s mostly true. You rarely make a fuss unless something’s wrong, and you always have a smile and a giggle for everyone you meet. I cannot WAIT to see what next month brings, sweet girl!

Presley has not been able to wear many of Mattie’s baby clothes yet because the seasons they were born in were different. BUT, with the warm weather we had last week, I tried to squeeze Pres into a few of Mattie’s summer things. The outfit she has on in these pics was one of my favorite of Mattie’s when she was a baby. And below is a pic of Mattie rolling around on the floor in it just like Pres. Why does it make me so happy to see my second baby wearing my first born’s clothes? Not sure, but I do love it.


Those two heads could not look more different, could they??

No comments:

Post a Comment