Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Smitten

I use that word a lot when I'm asked how Mattie feels about her new baby sister. It's the best way to describe what has been nothing short of watching her fall in love with Presley over the last six months. And the feeling is mutual...Presley adores her big sister, and I have no doubts that just as soon as she can walk, she will make every step Mattie makes.

Things I've heard around my house lately, from Mattie of course:

"Pwesley has the most beautiful specks in her blue eyes" (while laying in the floor with sister and commenting on her eye color)
"Awww, Pwesley, don't cry, your sistuh's right here" (I hear this alot, Mattie is convinced anytime Presley cries, it's because she wants her)
"Mommy! Pwesley is reaching for me!! She LOVES me!" (it was true, Pres has started reaching for people she loves and sister is at the top of the list)
"Mommy! Pwes Pwes is loving on my feet! She's chewing my toes! Mommy, she's chewing my toes!" (followed by me screaming "Get your feet out of your sisters mouth!")

I'm not delusional enough to think that they will always feel this way about each other. I know there is a time coming very soon that there will be fights over baby dolls, and barbies, and even clothes, most likely. But for now, I'm basking in it, soaking it up, and taking lots of pictures of it, so that when they are 13 and 16, I can show them this picture to prove that there was a time when they made goo goo eyes at each other in the bath tub.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwww!! Just melts my heart!! Such precious little girls!!

    ReplyDelete