Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Prize for Mattie

This is a project I worked on tonight after both girls were in bed.


I have seen these things before, and have thought how nice it would be to have one. We are very often in situations where we carry crayons and a coloring book with us as an activity to keep Mattie busy...to church, to weddings, to restaurants...basically anywhere you need a child to sit still and act nice. These twistable crayons are great, but they will NOT stay in the package, and I always end up with a bunch of them floating around the bottom of my purse. So, I thought I would try to make my own crayon roll out of some scrap fabric instead of buying a pricier one online, and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. And now Mattie has a prize waiting on her when she wakes up in the morning. What a great way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment