Friday, April 22, 2011

Crucified

But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our sin; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.
Isiah 53:5-6
~old testament~

He Himself bore our sins in His body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by His wounds you have been healed. For you were like sheep going astray, but now you have returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.
1 Peter 2:24-25 ~new testament~

To most of the world, today is a regular day. Perhaps it's the start of a three day weekend for some, which is nice. Maybe it's payday. Or date night. Or maybe it's just a much anticipated Friday after an exhausting week at work.

But to those of us who call Jesus our Savior, it's Good Friday. This Holy Week that has commemorated the Passion of Jesus comes to climax today marking the crucifixion of our Messiah.

Words fail me. So I'll let the scripture above speak for me. And I'll share the links below that say what I'm feeling on this most important day much better than I ever could. These posts have been especially poignant to me as I read them this morning. The prayer on my lips today has been that this day and the remainder of this weekend would not be oridnary to me. That my heart would be broken again at the sacrifice of my Jesus and filled with gratitude anew at what was done for me on Calvary. I can assure you that He is faithful to answer a prayer like that.

Living a One-Piece Life: A Good Friday Reflection (His Mother Before the Cross) - Ann Voskamp

The Body and The Blood - Beth Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment