Friday, March 11, 2011

Star Struck

A couple of weekends ago, my girls, my mom, and I headed northeast to Memphis to spend the weekend with my sister. A couple of weeks prior, Angela and I became aware that our trip would coincide with a book signing that Pioneer Woman would be having at an area bookstore. So, of course, we made plans to be there.


I have to say, I don't do a lot of exciting things. Actually, I don't do much of anything that doesn't involve a diaper bag and sippy cups. But I got so excited about this! I had never been to a book signing before, so I had no idea how close we'd actually get to her, if we'd actually speak to her, or if we'd only see her from a distance.


When we got there, I quickly purchased her new book, and while we were checking out, we spotted Marlboro Man, Ree's husband, who is just as dreamy as she claims he is. He was signing books as well, so we got in line for that, got our autographs, and were even brave enough to ask for a photo, which he kindly agreed to. I was so excited/teased/nervous that I turned bright red. It's what I do. And the more I try not to, the redder I get.

Me, Marlboro Man (Ladd Drummond), and Angela

He was just as sweet as could be, and I worked up the nerve to ask him a question, which was "Do you come to all the book signings?" (which I admit came out sounding a little pick-up-line'ish like "You come here often?"). To which he replied, "No, not all of them. Probably about a third.". And that was that!

Then it was time to get in line to meet PW. I realize not everyone even knows who she is, but I admit I got very star struck. The closer we got, the more nervous/excited I got. And when I finally got up there, I was completely red and blushing severely (note the color of my skin in the pic below!). Angela went first, then we took a pic together, then it was my turn and she signed my book. I was standing there like a fool not saying anything, so she looked at me and said "oh, you have really gorgeous hair". Y'all. I have not had a haircut since November, and my hair had just been through a nearly six hour car ride. It was anything but gorgeous, and it was CLEAR she was just trying to be kind and complimentary. But, it completely caught me off gaurd, so I start trying to tell her how SHE has gorgeous hair, and thankyousomuch for saying that, blah blah blah. And I basically made a blubbering fool of myself. And I turned even redder if that was even possible. BUT, I met her and it was the most exciting thing to happen to me in a while.

Me, Pioneer Woman (Ree Drummond), and Angela
Here's my copy of Black Heels to Tractor Wheels, which I highly recommend! It's the story of how she met, fell in love with, and married her husband. She is hilarious, and her writing style is so easy to read. I had a hard time putting this down.



And here's my autographs....MM's is in the top right corner. Very cool!!


1 comment:

  1. that's pretty awesome! I would have been star struck too!

    Forgot to tell you that your verse a couple weeks back was so encouraging to me. I wrote it down. It was during our week long puke fest and I needed all the encouragement I could get! So thank you, for being in God's word for those of us who have moments when we can't.

    ReplyDelete