Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sleeping Angels

Someone once said that children are their most precious and beautiful selves when they are sleeping. Or something like that. Today, in the Nash house, that statement rings completely true. It's only Tuesday, and already I'm ready to wipe this week off the calendar. Nothing major has happened, no big tradgedy; it's just general mothering weariness.

My little homewrecker started the week off by completing some new masterpieces. I have a new bleach stain on the carpet right inside my bedroom door, and I would love to tell the story, but it would require me admitting that my house is not properly child-proofed and that my baby was allowed access to a cleaning product containing bleach long enough to do some damage with it. Did I mention the carpet is relatively new? Barely over a year old. She also broke a bowl that sits on one of my coffee tables. Matthew made it in his high-school ceramics class, which may conjure scary images, but it was actually very pretty. It's a memory now as it was shattered beyond repair.

I don't even know where to start with Mattie. We've seen an attitude trying to take root in her that we are trying to nip early, and she has tested my patience at just about every turn the past two days. Today she didn't even go to school. That story involves her misleading me into thinking she was sick, and then admitting to that and having to be punished all morning. Have you ever enforced a punishment on your child that ends up being more of a punishment for you? That would describe my morning. Fun times.

So tonight, these pictures represent my children as their best selves today. Here's hoping to a marvelous Wednesday!



"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him." Psalm 62:1

1 comment: